Friday, August 24, 2012

Just Shoot Me!

Dark greetings, Minions. I was not doing much yesterday due to pain and felling ill. So for your entertainment, I shall rant about yesterday and why I chose this specific title. Come with me on this fucked up journey...

Yesterday started out with me thinking is was Friday. I thought it was going to be a good day because it was Friday. I was wrong. Horribly wrong. Nyx and Nox woke up early so I fixed them breakfast and gave them milk. When they were done, I do as I always do when I'm on my own.: Pick up Nyx, set her down in the hall, close the baby gate, and gram Nox. Wrong. Fucking. Move. For unknown reasons, and besides just to make me cringe, Nyx lets out a ear piercing scream. I just close my eyes and go about my duty of grabbing Nox. As I set Nox down so I can grab diapers to change them, Nox follows her sister's actions and begins throwing an all out hissy fit. Again, I just close my eyes and got about getting what I need to change them.

Once they were changed, Nyx continued her fit. Throwing herself on her bed, rolling around like a crocodile doing it's death roll, a low, but loud, yell. All this time, not one tear was shed. So I just sit there thinking, "It's okay. It's Friday." Perhaps I should have paid more attention to the date on my cell phone...

As she's throwing her fit, I drag some toys out for them to play with. Nox sets her sight on the stacking cups and make a beeline for them. As she grabs them, Nyx decides she wants them, and comes out of her fit to stake her claim on the coveted cups. Nox has her hands on them and begins to stack them, Nyx is not amused. So what does she do? What any Babyzilla would do: Act like it's Tokyo and smash it to the ground. This send Nox into a fit of fist clinching, scrawled up face, turning deep red rage. Wonder where she gets it from?

So a nap, lunch, snack, and few fits later Xic comes home. Nox is a true "daddy's girl" and has to have Xic pick her up the second he walks in the house. Problem? Xic needs to change out of his work cloths as use the bathroom. Nox proceeds to throw herself on the ground, wailing, and is completely and utterly inconsolable. Fuck my luck.

Oh, I forgot to mention that this entire day I was in pain and had a headache despite the fact of taking my Vicodin. Yep, awesome day it has been. I still think it's Friday, so I'm cool with it.

I make dinner for the Gothlings and we get them set in their highchairs. They decided they didn't like what mommy made, throw half of it on the floor and continue "Fit Fest 2012". At this point, my pain and headache are so horrid my blood pressure rises, I get over heated, and now I'm crying like a little bitch. Xic says "Go lay down in the bedroom, I got this." I pop a Vicodin, my Lamictal (seizure med), and head to the bedroom. (Thanks again, Xic. I love you.)

Two hours later, I'm okay enough to get up and kiss the Gothlings goodnight (I NEVER miss a night). Xic and I proceed to the living room to watch an episode of Level Up (fuck you, I love Cartoon Network and I am a gamer geek!) Paranormal Witness (Syfy Channel rocks too) that was on our DVR. It was then that Xic told me that it was Thursday, not Friday. My reaction? "You mean I may have to go through another day like this tomorrow? Just fucking shoot me!"

Pain is no joke, Minions. I hate when it makes you all nauseous. So, anyone know a remedy for migraines besides Imitrex (which I can't take), Aspirin (also can't take), or injections (been there, done that, and it didn't help)? If so, email me at GothMomRantings@rocketmail.com.

~Hekate  

1 comment:

  1. MY fault entirely Sis. Been in excruciating pain and, the fit the zombie lumps threw were in response to the bureaucracy known as UNCLE SAM and HIS minions from hell aka housing. <3 u tho! We will "try to take over the world!" soon Pinky! ;) lmao (ow ow...migraine...damn...ow)!!!

    ReplyDelete