Monday, August 13, 2012

SHARK WEEK!

Oh, Minions, I love Shark Week. I wait all year for this one week. I look forward to Shark Week more than I ever look forward to my birthday. Why? Because I love seeing stupid ass people jump into the water and getting attack. Yes, I am demented. I thought you knew that already?

Okay, maybe it's not just that. Maybe it's because I think "Hmm... Maybe I should take douchewaffle or twatwaffle on a trip to feed the sharks." And by "feed the sharks" I mean feed them to the sharks. What? You never had thoughts like that? Yeah, you're a fucking liar too. Everyone has had at least one thought like this in their life.

Okay, so this is Shark Week's 25th year. Shark Weeks been around almost as long as I have! The best way to start off Shark Week is by watching JAWS of course. But we don't have it and it wasn't on T.V.! *sigh* At least it's coming out on Blu Ray soon so I will have it next year.




Now most people have a fear of sharks. Do I? No. I do fear being bitten by a rouge shark, but not sharks in general. I actually swam with Leopard Sharks in La Jolla, CA one year. They were migrating through like they do every year. I went for my normal surfing day (Yes, Goths can surf too! Jeez people!) and there they were. Beautiful bottom feeding sharks. Bottom feeding meaning they pull up food from the floor of the ocean and filter out the sand. They bumped into me, checking me out, and I just swam with them. Same direction, same smooth motion, it was awesome. Everyone else thought I had lost my mind and were screaming, "Those are sharks, not dolphins!" I didn't care. I felt free. I didn't get bitten. They didn't even attempt to strike at me.




I would like to swim with dolphins and sea lions someday, but I don't think I'll ever get the chance. So for now, I'll have to take my wild encounter with these beautiful creatures and hold on to it. At least I can say I got the chance.

I know, a mild post today. But hey! I'm random. Thought you would have known that by the title of this page.

~Hekate

No comments:

Post a Comment